Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

so here i am

hello world, how ya been? aside from my good friends that will quote that song, i've joined the web to write to you, and all of the other wonderful people reading.  i'm doing this to share with you my culinary talents and honest lacking thereof. the honor is mine.

so here i am. for the indefinite days ahead, i hope to share with you the food of my life.

i am also self taught/ family taught/ smell taught chef.  my mother loves the kitchen, and i suppose it is for her and the infinite home cooked meals with her that i now write you.

quickly realize that by 'food', i mean quality food.  and cooking is the art of taking what fresh/ seasonal food you have and making something delicious.

so by trial and error, story telling, bad humor and the occasional opinion, it is my hope that my life as a progressive foodie and self-claimed chef will inspire you too cook well.  then with its ease and irresistible tastes create a better place for you and i to live simply by the way we eat and feed others.

to make this fair for the both of us, there are a few warnings i should share. (they apply this point forward)

i will always try to quote the artist/ song and the wine/ beer that i enjoy while writing to you.. but i cannot make any promises.  to be in the clear for this go around, it's my "OOoohhh yes" iTunes mix which happens to be playing Mumford & Sons.  the drink is a Missouri premium dry red table wine, a forche renault from peaceful bend vineyard.

the recipes are not all my own.  i only recently started believing.

i am a St. Louis Cardinals fan.  deal with.

are we okay so far?

lastly, i cannot possibly fit more than two guests at my pool house dinner table.. but we can try!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more, Eric!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. go redbirds! can't wait for baseball season to start, even though these days i only get to see the cards play when they come to DC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here: to learn. to love. to admire. And then I know my options & your abilities (even though I haven't been disappointed yet) when I visit:)
    Gracias best! Bring on the menu ;) I will bring the requests.

    ReplyDelete